Guest Post: Melissa Dery
Whether you decide you want to work with a Virtual Assistant, Administrative Consultant or have a local “in-person” assistant, it helps to have some ideas of what to delegate. Here are my Top 10:
- D – DEVELOP systems, an administrative consultant can see ways to improve the flow and organization in your operations that sometimes you cannot see
- E – EMAIL from creating email templates to reply to your customers and prospects with pre-planned information; to even clearing out the clutter, email is a great place to start delegating!
- L – LINKEDIN, Twitter, Facebook, and more! Posts can be scheduled in advance for your social media accounts to help you stay on the minds of potential customers or team members.
- E – ENTRY into your database, backoffice or CRM. Have a stack of business cards from events, they are only good to you if they are put into a usable form so you can take action and follow-up (see #6)
- G – GOOGLE means research. The next time you want to research something, ask for help, often an assistant can find things much more efficiently than you can, and give you the information organized as well.
- A – APPRECIATION Don’t miss an opportunity to tell you customers or team how grateful you are for their support of your business. Have your assistant send out thank you cards, or nice to meet you to the contacts entered into your database (see #4)
- T – TOOLS you have a vast collection of tools and apps you hoped to make your business run smoother but you don’t have time to learn them or use them, but your assistant can!
- I – INVIATIONS get the word out faster and sooner and have invitations sent out by an assistant and collect the RSVPs too!
- O – ONLINE Calendar Management. From scheduling appointments to setting reminders, an assistant can organize your busy life with one of the great online calendar systems.
- N – NEWSLETTERS. Whether you need help from start to finish, or just getting it sent out on a regular basis. An assistant can help get your ezine/newsletter out to your list.
Melissa H. Dery is the CEO of The Golden Rule Virtual Assistant (VA) she is your Direct Sales Administrative Consultant Expert. Melissa grew up in a direct selling family. She knows firsthand about the “behind the scenes” work required to help your business grow and prosper.
When Melissa combined more than 20 years of experience as an administrative professional with her desire support those in direct sales and The Golden Rule VA was born. Her business is to provide strategic, ongoing administrative support in a personal and mutually beneficial one-to-one partnership with Superstar clients.
[box type=”info”] If you’re reading this on the blog, or your Kindle, you’re only getting half the story! “Party On!” is designed for direct sales professionals serious about building a real business, not an expensive hobby. Each week we share additional resources and stories beyond what you see here on the blog, including complimentary training courses, downloadables, and more. Learn more and register for your copy of “PartyOn!” today. [/box]